Cozad High School Graduation: Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
- Graduation will occur on August 1, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. in the high school gymnasium
- At this time we are planning on having our traditional ceremony.
- Graduates and all attendees will be required to enter Cozad High School through the main entrance on the east side of the building (student entrance). No other facility doors will be open.
- Graduates will need to report to the high school by 10:00 a.m. and report directly to the auditorium
- Graduation Rehearsal: Thursday, July 30 , 2020 at 6:30 p.m. at CHS
- If the graduate is planning on attending the August 1st ceremony, they must attend rehearsal.
We ask that graduates wear your cap, gown, tassel, and any medallions or NHS stolls the school has given to them. Graduates are expected to dress up for this event as it is an important event signifying the end of their formal education. This has been addressed previously with the graduates, and will again be discussed at rehearsal.
- Entrance into the high school will only be through the main doors on the east side of the building (student entrance). These doors will open at 10:30 a.m. for attendees to enter the facility and gymnasium.
- The graduation ceremony will be held in the high school gymnasium. Bleachers will be marked in a manner to identify where guests may sit in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Graduates and faculty will be seated on the gymnasium floor.
- All guest and attendees to this event are encouraged to follow proper social distancing, and to wear a mask where social distancing is difficult.
- There will be school administration and workers present to assist attendees with procedures.
- Hand sanitizers will be available upon entering the building and all attendees are encouraged to use them.
- Restrooms will be available for use but will have limited occupancy in order to maintain proper social distancing. Custodial staff will be present to routinely sanitize the restrooms during this event.
Families and their guest
- We will not be screening attendees. We ask that in the days leading up to the event that any anticipated attendee that is ill or has symptoms (fever, sore throat, dry persistent cough, loss of taste or smell, etc.) stay home from this gathering.
- All attendees must present a ticket at the door in order enter the gymnasium.
- The current DHM’s allow for 75% capacity in the gymnasium. Families will receive an allotment of 15 tickets for the graduation ceremony. Graduate families can share tickets with other families. Unused tickets can be shared as the number of tickets is based on available seats.
- The graduation ceremony will be open only to families and guest.
- Administration and school board members involved with the presentation of diplomas will be gloved and there will not be any handshakes with graduates.
- The high school band will not be participating in the ceremony, but there will be a vocal duet.
- The commencement will be Live Streamed on You Tube, a link will be posted on the school website.
- The graduation ceremony will be conducted in a traditional manner.
(Disclaimer: Changes to the Graduation Ceremony plans are subject to change. We will follow all health and safety guidelines.)