In an effort to have the most accurate reporting to Two Rivers Health Department, please notify either Mrs. Butler, school nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your child’s school office if your child has been confirmed influenza positive.
Here are some important points to remember:
- Fever is considered a temperature over 100° F. State guidelines are: no school until 24 hours fever free WITHOUT the use fever-reducing medication.
- ·Students need to stay out of school 24 hours after throwing up.
- ·Contact your health care provider if there are symptoms of influenza (sudden onset fever, chills, severe body aches, headache, chest discomfort). There are medications that can be helpful to your family but they need to be started within a certain time period. Sooner is better.
- ·Stay home when sick, avoid close contact with sick people, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, WASH your hands!
- ·Disinfect shared surfaces frequently.
- ·If your child misses school due to illness, they should not be at activities that evening.
Please keep your children home when they are sick. Giving them medicine and sending them to school exposes not only the other students in the classroom, but the teaching staff as well.
Please let Mrs. Butler know if you have any questions.