The Cozad Instruction and Curriculum Committee, referred to as "CICC", is a representative group of district personnel that advises the Board of Education, through the Superintendent, in matters concerning curriculum, instruction and professional development. CICC will serve as a liaison between certified personnel and the Board of Education.
The major functions of CICC will be to:
- Establish and coordinate a systematic, on-going process for designing curricula, selecting instructional resources and/or developing and selecting assessment materials.
- Act as the communication link between the Superintendent and curriculum Sub-Committees.
- Promote continuity and coordination between buildings, departments, and grade levels within the district.
- Appoint Sub-Committees to study curricular concerns of certified personnel, evaluative teams, site councils, and the Board of Education, and to assess educational issues and report information and opinions to CICC.
- Provide staff development needs as the Professional Development Council (PDC).
- Annually review and amend, if needed, these Bylaws.
Through this committee, the District directly aligns the local curriculum to the Nebraska State Standards. Below you will find the District's Curriculum at a Glance for all discipline and grade levels. This curriculum is reviewed annually. Below you will find each grade level and subject level "Curriculum at a Glance". These documents provide a one-page overview of the content objectives in each strand for all class levels.
Elementary Curriculum At A Glance (by grade level)
Middle School CURRICULUM AT A GLANCE (BY subject LEVEL)
6th - 8th GRADE Language Arts
6th - 8TH GRADE Math
6TH - 8TH GRADE science
6TH - 8TH GRADE Social Sciences
6TH - 8TH ART
6TH - 8TH Career Technical education (cte)
6TH - 8TH GRADE PE
middle school spanish
High SCHOOL CURRICULUM AT A GLANCE (BY SUBJECT LEVEL)
9TH - 12TH GRADE LANGUAGE ARTS
9TH - 12TH GRADE Social Sciences
9TH - 12TH GRADE math
9TH - 12TH GRADE science
9TH - 12TH GRADE Career & technical education (CTE)
FAMILY CONSUMER SCIENCE
9TH - 12TH Fine arts
Art 3D and Textiles
Art Advanced Drawing & Painting
Art Graphic Design
Introduction to Art
9TH - 12TH foreign language
9TH - 12TH physical education